8.12.2010

Letter from Iraq

Mary Lou Edgington received the following e-mail from Army Lieutenant Eric Baker in regards to the Care Package that we blogged about previously.
Mrs. Edge-

I got back from a mission last night at about 0300, and I saw those 6 huge boxes sitting inside of our office. When I saw they were addressed from you, I was pretty fired up. I cannot thank you and the Wyoming people enough for everything you sent. Needless to say, it was a great "pick me up" for my guys after a pretty long mission. Everything was distributed pretty quickly, as these guys were definitely in need of many of the things you sent. They are all extremely appreciative of your thoughts and prayers, and many of them wanted me to relay a big "thanks" to all of you.

It was also great to see the note from all of the Wyoming families, especially the Weiss family. You guys have all been such good friends to us. Wyoming was a great place to grow up, and things like this just make me miss you guys even more.

Everything is going relatively well over here. We are technically stopping combat operations at the beginning of September, but we are still on the road a lot due to having a very large operating environment. It will be a huge relief to finish this month and go on leave for about 2 weeks at the beginning of September. After that, it will be just trying to wrap things up over here and get these guys home safely. I'm hoping that all of my guys will be home by Christmas.

Thanks again Mrs. Edge -- Please be sure to tell your family hello for me!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment