9.21.2014

A Mauling in Madeira

Friday, September 19th, the Football team was on the road at Madeira.  You know it's probably not really going to be "anyone's game" when your opponent won't take their own field until the ref forces them.  Of course, I don't really know if that was the case.  For all I know, the picture above is of the ref calling for the flower girl and coin bearer to come to field for the coin-toss.  I know, I know... you're less than impressed with my lame attempt at humor - there aren't coin bearers in football.  That makes you (yes, you) the perfect candidate to send in reports from the game that contain a few non-nonsensical, factual, game or team related sentences and at least the state minimum required amount of sports jargon.  (That's really why I threw in the bit about the flower girl; I don't want to lose my sports blog editor license.)   In the absence of anything more intelligent or substantial, the silliness continues.  
Judging from the stats and the 54-8 final, it must have seemed like a Harlem Globetrotters game out there.  I'm sure there will be those Monday morning quarterbacks out there questioning Hancock's decision to keep the offense working instead of having them just get back on the bus after the first quarter as the 12 points they had already put up would have been enough to win the game and hand Madeira their first loss of the season.  
Thanks to Rod Apfelbeck for the quality pictures.
(See more HERE)
We're all awaiting your matching report.

No comments:

Post a Comment