8.09.2010

Car Wash for a Cure

The Boosters encourage everyone to come out and support this fundraiser by assistant volleyball coach Emily Oscarson:

I am holding a Car Wash for a Cure on Saturday, August 14 from 11am-3pm at the Spring Valley Bank in Wyoming. 100% of the proceeds go to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) for cancer research.

I am lucky enough to have the help and support of the Wyoming HS Volleyball Team who will be out there with me washing cars and having fun, as we raise awareness and money towards a cure for cancer.

On May 15, I signed up with the Cincinnati chapter of Team in Training to run the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco on October 17. On top of the running, I have a goal of raising over $3500 for cancer research! I initially signed up for this event, because I was inspired to make a difference in my life. I wanted to do something that would push me physically and mentally, while also doing something positive for others. I will be raising money and training for this event in honor of Julie Galloway, an inspiring and motivational member of the Wyoming Volleyball family.

If you are unable to attend the car wash, but still want to help, please feel free to visit my fundraising website!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/soh/nikesf10/eoscarson

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for cancer. More than 823,000 Americans are battling blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support. I greatly appreciate your generosity.

Sincerely,

Emily S. Oscarson

No comments:

Post a Comment