10.21.2012

So Who is The New Rounder-Upper

The Boosters could only hold off the clamoring crowds for so long and have asked me to introduce myself.
My name is Jason Miller.  In a move we all might come to regret, I have recently gained control of the Round-Up in a bloodless coup. I am probably the person least likely to be working a sports blog.  Unless you're talking about wiffle ball in the back yard, I have never played a team sport in my life.  I was introduced to the wide world of Wyoming sports by my three daughters.  My oldest daughter tried her hand at rec. soccer (and that's probably why it lasted only one season), tennis, basketball, softball and swimming, and then in school she ran cross country and track, she was on the dive team, and she bowled.  I enjoyed seeing her and her teams mentioned in the Round-Up.  At first, I was only looking at the posts about her sports.  With the quality of the writing and the all the great pictures, it didn't take long for me to start reading about all the teams.   I am still a sports-newbie.  I don't really know all the lingo, and I'm more than a little nervous I'm going to write a post about Will Marty throwing a homerun, or Tatiyana Ali getting a birdie.  That is part of why you may have noticed a difference in the blog posts this year.  Besides being a great photographer, my predecessor, Rod Apfelbeck, was like a sports writing electromagnet.  He was great at actively pulling all sorts of information together.  I, on the other hand, am more like a file cabinet.  I will just stay here empty until you, dear reader, fill me with great stories, stats, and pictures.  Yes, I know it's a dirty trick, I get all the credit and adulation, while you are responsible for the content of the Round-Up. 

Photo by Rod Apfelbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment