2.06.2012

Update on Gene Pitman

Brian Pitman asked me to pass this along:

First of all...thank you once again for all the cards, letters, flowers, gifts, calls, and kind words for my dad. His first few days of rehab were rough trying to learn how to take care of himself. I was with him tonight watching the Super Bowl and he was telling me about all the people who have visited thus far. He really has enjoyed visitors. He is still worried about everyone else. I told him he is the number one priority.

He has not received a date of when he can leave yet. His (personal goal) is in 2 weeks to watch his grandson Travis wrestle in sectionals. All season long he has followed Travis around the city in wrestling. He is going through wrestling withdrawl.

My bride and I purchased a cell phone for him. His number is 513-405-6286. He will answer if he hears the phone or not in rehab. His voice mail has not been set up though. If you do visit him he has found a love of Diet Pepsi. He said he was dreaming about Diet Pepsi in the hospital. The funny thing is I don't think he has drank Diet Pepsi in years.

He wants to pass along his thanks to everyone. He said if he had a student directory he could call people and thank them himself. I will try to locate a student directory for him. I am not sure if PSA has any in stock.

I will give another update at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment