2.20.2012

Coach Gentry stepping down

Got this note from boys' basketball head coach Tony Gentry:

I resigned as head coach on Thursday but will finish the season out. I'm ready to accept another challenge and spend more time with my family.

I had 19 great years (13 as head coach) at Wyoming and I'm thrilled to have been able to coach at my alma mater and be successful. We as a staff won our 170th game Friday night against 117 losses and I'm leaving as the all time winningest boys basketball coach in Wyoming history.

I want to thank my staff, especially Ted Stewart, Fred Tudor, Keith Jordan, Darrell Brockman, Jeff Davis and Chad Gronas for making our program a class act through the years. I also wish to thank former AD Jim Barre and former principal Ken Baker for having enough faith in me to be a head coach.

Best of luck to Wyoming City Schools and GO COWBOYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment